1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF SERVICE. Stamps.com Inc. (“Stamps.com”) maintains this website (the “Site”) for your personal use and information. Your access to and use of the Site is subject to the following Terms of Service and all applicable laws and regulations. Stamps.com may at any time revise these Terms of Service by updating this page. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms of Service. By accessing and/or using the Site, you accept and agree to be bound, without limitation or qualification, by these Terms of Service and any modifications hereto. Stamps.com may, in its sole discretion, immediately terminate your right to use the Site if it finds that you have failed to comply with any provision of these Terms of Service or if it believes, in its sole discretion, that you have in any way abused your right to use the Site. Stamps.com shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any claim or cause of action arising out of such termination.
2. USER OBLIGATIONS. In exchange for your use of the Site, you agree to: (i) provide the Site with current, complete and accurate information about yourself (“Registration Data”), and (ii) maintain and update your Registration Data as necessary to ensure that it remains current, complete and accurate. You agree: (i) not to use the Site for any illegal purpose; (ii) not to interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Site; and (iii) to comply with all regulations, policies and procedures of such networks.
3. SITE MODIFICATIONS. Stamps.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or discontinue any part of the Site at any time, with or without notice to you. Stamps.com also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to impose limits on certain features and services and to restrict access to any part or to all of the Site without notice to you. Stamps.com shall not be liable to you or any third party for any claim or cause of action arising out of Stamps.com’s exercise of the foregoing rights.
5. DISCLOSURE REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS. Some of the information on this Web site may contain projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of the Company. We wish to caution you that these statements are only predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially. We refer you to the SEC documents the Company files from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission. These documents contain and identify important factors that could cause the actual results to differ materially from those contained in our projections or forward-looking statements.
6. GENERAL DISCLAIMER. While Stamps.com uses its best efforts to maintain the accuracy and reliability of the Site, it does not warrant or represent that the Site will always function or be error-free. Stamps.com assumes no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions in the Site or for problems with its functioning. Your access and use of the Site are at your own risk. In the event of any delay, loss or damage to a parcel you have shipped using information or services obtained through any Stamps.com website, you should contact the relevant carrier directly. STAMPS.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE SITE OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO WITH INFORMATION OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. No information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from the Site, Stamps.com or its agents or employees shall create any warranty not expressly made in these Terms of Service. Neither Stamps.com nor any other party involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Site shall be liable for any damages to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to or use of the Site or your downloading of any material, information or software from the Site.
7. SOFTWARE. Any software that is made available to download from the Site is the copyrighted work of Stamps.com. Your use of the software is governed by the terms of the end user license agreement (“License Agreement”), which appears on your computer screen during the software download process. You may use the software only in accordance with the terms of the License Agreement. Any use, copying or redistribution of the software not in accordance with the License Agreement is expressly prohibited and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. The software is warranted, if at all, only according to the terms of the License Agreement.
8. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. Stamps.com Internet Postage software contains encryption technology that is subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and other U.S. law, and may not be exported or re-exported to certain countries (currently including Afghanistan, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Serbia, Sudan and Syria) or to persons or entities prohibited from receiving U.S. exports (including Denied Parties, entities on the Bureau of Export Administration Entity List, and Specially Designated Nationals). BY DOWNLOADING THE STAMPS.COM INTERNET POSTAGE SOFTWARE YOU AGREE TO THAT THE SOFTWARE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY A GOVERNMENT END-USER, AND THAT YOU WILL ABIDE BY ALL U.S. AND OTHER APPLICABLE EXPORT AND IMPORT LAWS. For more information on the U.S. Export Administration Regulations ("EAR") see 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-774.
9. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify and hold Stamps.com, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective officers, employees and agents harmless from and against any third party claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Site, your violation of this these Terms of Service or your infringement (or the infringement by another user who accesses the Site using your computer equipment) of any intellectual property or other right of any person.
10. LINKED SITES. The Site may contain links to third party websites. Stamps.com does not control and is not responsible for the contents or privacy policies of any linked site or of any link contained in a linked site. Stamps.com provides these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Stamps.com of the site. Access to any linked site and participation in any activity or transaction on any linked site, including promotions sponsored by Stamps.com’s advertisers, are at your own risk.
11. COPYRIGHT NOTICE. All copyrightable text, sound, graphics and other material, (the “Content”), the selection, compilation, arrangement and presentation of all materials, and the overall design of the Site are copyrighted by Stamps.com, 1998-2014, and is protected by U.S. and international laws. All rights reserved. The Site may also contain content that is owned by other parties, including Stamps.com’s advertisers (“Third Party Content”). You may use the Content only as expressly authorized by the Site and Stamps.com. You may use Third Party Content only as expressly authorized by the applicable owner. Any other use of the Content or Third Party Content without the express prior written permission of the applicable owner is strictly prohibited. Stamps.com does not warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on or linked to the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Stamps.com.
12. TRADEMARKS. Stamps.com®, the Stamps.com logo, the Stamps.com Envelope Logo, Stamps.com Internet Postage, NetStamps®, PhotoStamps®, iReturn™, iReturn.com™, and i-Mail®, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Stamps.com Inc. in the United States and/or other foreign countries. Stamps.com's trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior permission of Stamps.com. All authorized uses of Stamps.com's trademarks must comply with Stamps.com's trademark usage guidelines. All other brands, names, and trademarks are property of their respective owners. You may not use the Marks or third parties' trademarks without the prior written permission of Stamps.com or the applicable third party owner. Stamps.com will enforce its intellectual property rights to the maximum extent possible.
13. MISCELLANEOUS. These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. In the event of a dispute, both you and Stamps.com agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of California in the city of Los Angeles. Stamps.com’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Stamps.com in writing. In the event any provision herein is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not in any way affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
14. CONTACT US. If you have any questions about these Terms of Service, or if you would like to request more information about Stamps.com, write to us at Stamps.com, 1990 E. Grand Ave, El Segundo, CA 90245-5013; e-mail us at email@example.com.
Copyright © 1998-2014 Stamps.com Inc. All rights reserved.